What is DAYVIGO (lemborexant)?
- DAYVIGO is a prescription medicine for adults age 18 years and older who have
trouble falling or staying asleep (insomnia).
DAYVIGO may cause serious side effects including:
decreased awareness and alertness. The morning after you take DAYVIGO,
your ability to drive safely and think clearly may be decreased. You may also
have sleepiness during the day. Do not take more DAYVIGO than prescribed. Do not take DAYVIGO unless you are able to stay in bed for a full night (at least 7 hours) before you must be active again. Take DAYVIGO right before going to bed.
Before taking DAYVIGO, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical
conditions, including if you:
Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take,
including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements.
- have a history of depression, mental illness, or suicidal thoughts; drug or
alcohol abuse or addiction; a sudden onset of muscle weakness (cataplexy);
- have lung problems or breathing problems, including sleep apnea
- have liver problems
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.
- Taking DAYVIGO with certain other medicines can cause serious side effects.
DAYVIGO may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect
the way DAYVIGO works.
- Do not take DAYVIGO with other medicines that can make you sleepy unless your
healthcare provider tells you to.
What should I avoid while taking DAYVIGO?
- Do not drink alcohol while taking DAYVIGO. It can increase your chances
of getting serious side effects.
- Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, do anything dangerous, or other
activities that require clear thinking if you take DAYVIGO and have had less
than a full night of sleep (at least 7 hours) or if you have taken more DAYVIGO
than prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- You may still feel drowsy the next day after taking DAYVIGO. Do not drive
or do other dangerous activities until you feel fully awake.
DAYVIGO may cause serious side effects, including:
These are not all of the possible side effects of DAYVIGO. Call your doctor for
medical advice and if you have any new or worsening side effects.
- temporary inability to move or talk (sleep paralysis) for up to several
minutes while you are going to sleep or waking up
- temporary weakness in your legs that can happen during the day or at
- complex sleep behaviors such as sleep-walking, sleep-driving, preparing
and eating food, making phone calls, having sex or doing other activities while
not fully awake that you may not remember the next morning.
- worsening depression and suicidal thoughts have happened during treatment
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch
or call 1-800-FDA-1088.